At the next Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense (October 5, 2019) hosted by the Shire of Caer Gwyn, fencers will be asked to elect a new bearer of Thorbjorn’s Favor. The current bearer is Sir Lucas Otto Gustav Stephan von Schnecke (called “Logos”).
Thorbjorn’s Favor is a traveling honor, created in remembrance of Master Thorbjorn the Greysides, awarded once a year to an attendee of the Middle Kingdom Academy of Defense. Citizens of the Middle Kingdom and of the kingdoms of Northshield, Ealdormere and Calontir are eligible. Those gentles who have already borne the favor (see list below) are not eligible to bear it again. The bearer is chosen each year by a vote of those fencers in attendance. Tie votes are decided by the previous bearer. The new bearer is asked to wear the favor until the next MKAOD, and to have his or her name added to the favor before passing it on to the new bearer.
BEARER’S OF THORBJORN’S FAVOR:
1. Baron John of Illiton (Master John Inchingham), OL, OP;
2. Master Fritz Bare, OL;
3. Sir Guillaume LaFort, KSCA;
4. Master Adam Comyn, MOD;
5. Master Alexander de Seton, OP;
6. Master Christian de Fournier, OL, MOD;
7. Master Mateo Montero de Madrid, MOD;
8. Warder Gallien le Cavalier de L’lle;
9. Master Philippe de Leon, OL, OP;
10. Mistress Moira MacGillavrey, OP;
11. Master Anton du Marais, MOD, OP;
12. Master Terrance of Tynedale, MOD, OL;
13. Master Kai Tseng, MOD;
14. Baron Adhamh of Rivenstar (Master Adhamh MacAoidh), MOD;
15. The Honorable Lord Liam Martini;
16. Defender Cecil DuPont, MOD;
17. Master Peter Grau von Bremen, MOD;
18. Defender Adam CarMychel, MOD;
19. Master Anna Reimer von Wolfenbuttel, MOD;
20. Mistress Azriel le Fey, MOD;
21. Sir Lucas Otto Gustav Oswald Stephan von Schnecke (called “Logos”), KSCA, OP, MOD, OL.